Thursday, April 2, 2009

the old heavyset guy tries


The funniest thing was,
at the start,
myself and two others did the route reverse,
to avoid the hills and line up the stops in a row.
no backtracking.
Really thought I was a genius when we saw no other riders,
even while heading back for the second route.
Pull up,
'are we the first through?'
almost laughter,
'no, there's only one other person behind you'
DAMN.
stupid no map owning and no iphone owning person that I am.
coming back on the last run,
almost got rear ended at speed by some dumb college kid.
all I heard was the screeching of tires
and the sense of a bumper by my rear tire.
THE HELL.
three blinkies and a bike lane still won't save you from a
sideways white hat wearing jackass in a Jeep.

Pretty much last.
but, being the heaviest guy.
and the oldest guy there.
a few minutes behind the lead group,
I'll take it.
and a beer, thanks!

No comments: