Tuesday, November 18, 2008

taking shape....

Who knew it would take so long to simplify your life?

It's been over a year since I was flying back from
Seattle after meeting my new/old family and I started
taking inventory of my life, where I was, and the
material things that OWNED me. The major decision was
selling off all the old school bmx & freestyle bikes I had
been collecting for years, getting rid of as many things
as possible (I tend to be an big pack rat), and picking
up the camera after many years. The elimination of stress
from getting rid of clutter is filled with fighting the
urge to accumulate more 'stuff'. More on all of that
later.... point is, as I was slowly putting the new bike
together, and debating on selling the single speed and
shipping off parts I sold.... I found myself planning AND
looking for another bike. The hell is my problem?

This morning, as I was putting the Gunnar together,
I think I finally found peace, because there
is no better bike than the new one! It's subtle,
beautiful, and seemingly perfect in every way. A second
bike will just be a second best bike, a second choice.
The rest can all go now, and I need to stop tooling
around on ebay. At least I know I have a sickness...




And for FATTY, and everyone else fighting the fight...
turns out Jagwire offers some colors in cable sets!
So IT WILL BE PINK IN PHILLY!
I'm secure enough to rock pink, it'll get some
crappy comments, but I get enough of those just
riding to work, what's a few more?
So it's off to the shop to get wired up, because I
will admit I CANNOT wrap bars or adjust derailuers
for crap! Hopefully we'll be set for the weekend.




and yes, it even has a subtle reminder...

No comments: