Sunday, November 9, 2008

Remind myself I love the fall,

It could have been a number of things, the constant election
beating me across the head, the holidays approaching and all
the talk of a crappy economy, and the rain and gloom that sets
the perfect backdrop of a miserable existance. But I opened
the door the other day to a neighborhood blanketed in leaves.



I may pay a TON in taxes, have a city that provides me nothing
in return, get humidity in the summer and ice storms in the
winter, and have to list Jersey as a neighbor.



But then there are those days where you're almost surrounded
by beauty. The changing of leaves snuck up on me, then they
just dumped on us. Kind of like the first snow storm that brings
out the kid in you. Five minutes late to work because I was
busting through piles..... worth it.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Second shot, of the leaves on the ground, is seriously cool.