Tuesday, December 16, 2008

days of being awesome...

It's been a week. Ups and downs and the added stress
of the holidays. I don't know what happened with the
time between Thanksgiving & now? It's truely hard to
see the positive when the collective society is
scrambling to 'get stuff' for other people getting
'stuff'. I guess though, when you hit a low spot
you can only go up. Sarcasm usually pulls me through.

So, what's awesome? Clean the house on your day off,
go pick up the kids from school, and when you come
home, the dogs have a little fun & eat all the mags
on the coffee table & have the trash for dessert.



On the other side of awesome is channeling MacGyver.
This often comes in handy when a bike is your primary
transportation, that and a friend at a bike shop.
So I have 45 minutes to get to work, and mail two
heavy flatrate boxes, AND the bag is full of work
clothes & camera gear? Two minutes, plastic bag, packing
tape and balance. Post office trip done!



Truely awesome? The Mrs. and family. Since I spend
whatever free time between the Art Gallery and local
bike coalition, the Mrs. has taken up fostering dogs
with the local rescue. So Saturday mornings no longer
involve little kids running around the soccer field,
now it's adoption clinics. We're on our third dog, and
despite allthe pee and rug incidents - she's doing a
great thing, and hopefully the kids will get something
from it.



The latest show. Another good turn out. Hopefully
something will sell. All five entries were accepted,
and the next show is already submitted. And again,
hopefully I make a few entries. This current show
we purchased 4 works, a first. And we're giving the
gift of art this year, along with charities.

Which, after two weeks, the livestrong page had over
$500, a quarter of my goal. Thank you all who donated!
And there's still 6 months of avoiding me for the rest
of you. Be nice this season people! We're all in some
pain one way or another.

Lastly, I sent out a package of work for the Bob Stokes
Gallery in Port Angeles, WA. And despite an early closing
due to weather, two pieces sold. A nice little validation.
Now I'm just waiting to get back on the bike after a guy
(the Dr.) who looks like a disheveled Santa violated my
netheregion, and put me out of commission. That's awesome!
And not in the good awesome way. Between that and the
season release of EGGNOG, well, I'm just fatter than fat
right now.



1 comment:

TWISTED KNICKERS said...

...netheregion?...yikes!...