Thursday, October 23, 2008

cleaning house...

making the decision, finding the motivation,
that's the hardest part. If it's layering up
for a damp ride or finally deciding what to
do with the remaining bikes. By nature I'm
an enormous pack rat, defined by the boxes
and boxes of magazines in the attic, and
clothes I haven't worn for years, and each
time I think of getting rid of them I always
offer the excuse 'well, I might actually want
to wear that sometime', even though I haven't
for over 2 or 3 years = pack rat. I sold and
traded all the old school bmx stuff (and the
magazines), now it's time to clean up the rest
of the bikes.



Good bye track bike. I meant it. I tried to
honestly make good use of it, but the cross bike
has been my go-to everyday for everything. Of
course in the bike addict mind selling means there's
more room and $ for other bikes. so another cross
bike build? Is two even more fun?




So the single speed is still up in the air. It's cool,
like a big bmx bike, but again, never sees any ride time.
Do you just let it go? Do you regret it later? I still
haven't decided yet...



Now the Lemond frame, I had an Olmo with full Campy Record,
pure roadie/italian/lycra love. But the Olmo was semi compact
and on the small side, so why not trade out for classic
geometry and steel, but the frame was a little too big. Fat
& tall guy with short legs, suck. So the PLAN became: sell
the frame & fork, put the group on a steel cross frame! Deal!




And of course, being a bike addict/horder, the Olmo has been
sitting on the work bench for two years because I can't let
go of ANYTHING with two wheels, but I'm trying.

Think it'ld be awesome to build a Surly Cross Check....
with Campy Record.

(It's 9 speed, I don't have $, even without a car.)

oh yeah, it's all on ebay right now......I'm taking action.

No comments: