Thursday, October 23, 2008

did I hear 25 BILLION????

So last week with the news of the auto industry,
in the back, almost laughable part of my mind,
I thought 'what next, they'll bail out the auto
industry and airlines too?'

Well, a sidenote, as you get older you do those
'things' that your parents did, that you thought
you'ld never do because it's SOOOOO OLD(personish).
Like listening to NPR, well my life is so about
practical that this should be relabled 'elastic
grey sweatpants blog'. I'm not cool, my 7 year old
dirty cross bike with reflective slicks and fenders
is not cool, so why should my choice of radio.

So today there was a brief mention of:

A. GM trying to merge with Chrysler.

B. The auto industry implying that it to will need a bail out.

C. The government has already guaranteed 25 billion in loans.

D. All of the above.

SORRY TO SAY IT'S.... D! So be prepared to hear about how 'BAD'
it'll be to the economy if we don't bail these guys out too.

With that I leave you a fact,
DINOSAURS WILL DIE! Change will happen, evolution is a natural
occurance. It's not the 40's, 50's or 60's. We're a stupid bunch
collectively to try to keep fossil fueled cars, and to federally
fund them.

No comments: