Friday, October 17, 2008

yeah me!

Back in May I got a couple of pictures into a local gallery
for Bike Month. Kind of a fluke I figured, because who really
takes pictures of bikes, like a flavor of the month. Then came
the second show, this month of city scapes, another pastime of
mine, so exciting? yes. Big? Not so much. Now is the third show,
'Futura', which I was unprepared for and had to pull some stinky
stuff out, so it's a gamble if I'ld have any submissions accepted.
Well, they accepted three out of the five, NICE!



Now the second one I didn't really think would happen. I've been a
reader and fan of DIRT RAG for years. When I first moved to the
right coast, all I owned was mountain bikes. Then I realised that
there are very few public trails out here, and everything involves
a drive, a planned trip. So I picked my skateboard and bmx bike,
but I'm finally too old, too lame. So it went to an unsuccessful
attempt at being a roadie, now I just commute by my cross bike.
ANYWAYS.... I figured the next step in my photographic trials &
errors would be submitting to a magazine/national contest. Well,
the next thing you know- it's DIRT RAG & RAYS MTB PARK photo
contest, entries due in one week, but when I mountain biked, I
rode, I didn't take a camera with me for years. I think there's
only one photo I have of Moab, yes I'm an unprepared idiot. So
I submitted the cross bike at Rye, New Hampshire, sunrise on the
beach, not feeling very lucky on this one. Well, it made the cut.
The 25 finalists to be displayed at RAYS for voting. So if you
ride Rays (which I'm sure you don't), then vote for me so I can
win some product (which I won't). But non the less, still cool.



Maybe one day I can be employed by Petersens/Bicycling, take
pictures of $500 derailleurs, and go home to stashes of unused
product that I get to keep..... ah, the dream.

No comments: