Wednesday, February 4, 2009

JIM KUNSTLER!



http://jameshowardkunstler.typepad.com

I offer you this:

read his blog: clusterfucknation
read his books

take a second and listen to one of his many lectures.

this is your present for today.

If you don't know me, well, sometimes I can be A LITTLE SLOW!
I have been reading Kunstler's blog that I found on K-Wall blog,
for almost a year.

While working with the local bicycle coalition, that has a couple
people involved obviously with urban planning and bicycle routes.
Well, often his name is mentioned for books worth reading about
suburbia and sprawl. Then a coworker who was going to school to
become a planner kept mentioning his name. Sorry to say it took
about six months before he is one and the same, AND lives thirty
minutes north of me. Yeah, I'm an idiot.

So one more goal: Attend one of his lectures

Even bigger goal: Get an interview at some point!

1 comment:

Just Loitering said...

Kunstler has been an icon to me for at least ten years. I hope his ideas gain real traction real soon.