Friday, January 16, 2009

For the record (& not Campy)



1. Get a good scale.
2. Throw away the old one, or reset it and give it to
someone with a weight complex.

The wii thing was a little concerning. So I finally went out
and bought a new scale. (the old one would just get stuck at
230 lbs., so I just figured I'm at least 230, I feel like more.)

3. Don't let the kids "play" with the scale. They actually don't
play with anything. It's a combo of a three person tag team
wrecking crew. Scale equals mini-trampoline.

The starting point.
Actual weigh in: 220.4 lbs, BMI of 21.9

That was the quickest and easiest ten to twenty to loose!

The plan: started keeping a log of what I eat on Wednesday.
Calories, cardbs, protein, fat, sodium. It's already
a little disturbing.

I need to shift to actually having a breakfst. For years breakfast
has just meant coffee & cigarettes, lunch too. The 'Models Diet'
left me a svelt 215 lbs. Those extra pounds were for pizza & beer,
or basically dinner. This was years ago.

I quit smoking three years ago. That was the starting point of
road riding. When you stop smoking - you usually replace it with
something else. For me that was chips & late night snacks - so
there came the extra twenty pounds.

For my reference point of a goal: at the end of college, while
commuting by bike, swimming early morning laps at the college
pool, and a vegetarian diet, I was 195. Just couldn't hit 190.
That was years ago and my body has been used like a cheap
college drunk with an open bar tab.

New goal: loose five pounds a month by summer (June).
Going into June at 199 lbs.
(and not puke on long climbs)

Still not using a computer, not logging miles. Ride for a way
to get around, but ultimately I ride for fun - for the sake of
just riding. And not letting a car own me.

1 comment:

theBeatnik said...

haha, there's nothing wrong with breakfast-time coffee and cigarettes. You get both caffeine and nicotine, essential nutrients.