Thursday, January 22, 2009

speech writers

'Every man is either trying to live up to his father's expectations,
or making up for his father's mistakes.'

-Obama, refering to a quote that applies to his relationship
with his father, and alot of ours.



Yeah, that one hit close to home. And then while watching his
speech on tuesday, all I could think is "Damn, who is your speech
writer?" I don't know what you pay them, but well done! And if you
penned that yourself, well, then I'm blown away. If you can shape
up this government like you deliver speeches, I think we'll be ok.
At some point.

You almost got me. Got a little teary eyed, almost. Hopefully no one
will forget how we got into this mess. And he addressed that in the
speech. I'm impressed. Hope that was uncomfortable for W. He
deserved harsher words, but I'll take what was given.

Lets hope everyone can take those words to heart, roll up their
sleeves, and help make this a better, less self-absorbed, society.

No comments: