Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"BIKE MONTH" brings out the best

like this comment:

"I got a piece of bike related art: you just need white paint, and you actually use the road as the canvas. It’s kind of a minimalist thing, you just make two long lines next to each other, about 3 feet apart right there on the road. I think the city should submit about 50 of them by next week for this contest.

Seriously, for all the talk the city does about bikes, I see no action whatsoever in making this a better city to ride in. I refuse to participate in this empty cheerleading contest, and I suggest everyone else do the same. Or, better yet, send angry letters as your entry.

PS, I’m bitter, can you tell?"

pulled from here.

honestly, I would probably buy a Sea-Tac shirt since I was born there,
but the point is valid,

A MONTH OF PANDERING TO THE CYCLISTS IN HOPES THAT
THEY SHUT THE HELL UP FOR THE NEXT YEAR,
WHEN THEY DO IT AGAIN.

LIKE BIKE TO WORK DAY.
That should be every day.

LIKE EARTH DAY?
You plant one tree and think about the environment for one day?
What do you do for the other 364 days?

No comments: