Saturday, May 23, 2009

THE ELEPHANT IN THE CORNER

OK,
thanks for coming over from RocBike.
I'll figure out the photo deal at some point.

Let's just say I jockey two ton death boxes and dipshits daily.
I mean EVERY DAY!

Two days ago,
as I'M WAITING AT A RED LIGHT, to turn left
onto a busy street during rush hour.
As the light turns green for my left,
a minivan to the right rear ends a SUV,
which almost takes out the motorcyle stopped
for my light. Dumb ass! Pay attention.
You killing someone is not an ACCIDENT!
It's NEGLIGENCE!!!!!
(my pet peave of the use of "accident")
I shake my head and pedal out into traffic,
waiting to be a hood ornament due to someone
in their 40's trying to be 16 by texting "LOL".



Last night, same light, same course,
different idiot.
I make the light,
it's dark out,
headlight on & flashing,
three blinkies on back flashing,
helmet on,
(and readjusted thanks to the advice
of my favorite recumbenterer).
There are three lanes heading in town.
The far right turns into an onramp.
So I have two lanes.
Trying to 'NOT take the lane' & get rear ended at speed,
I stay to the right of the lane,
which puts me close to higher speed traffic
from the far right on ramp.

I WATCH THE ROAD BENEATH ME FOR HEADLIGHTS.

Coming up to the red light before the highway,
I get passed by an SUV cutting from the far left,
across my lane -two feet in front of me,
honking, and quickly getting into the far right lane.
REALLY!
You had to intentionally cut me off?
Couldn't just change lanes behind me?
You had to turn this into some kind of macho
who-has-the-biggest-dick contest?
Well, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST DICK.

We both sat at the red light.
He had the smirk of restrained laughter.
Hindsight I should have snapped a picture,
THAT pisses people off.
(side note, if your kids wear their baseball cap
sideways and/or drive with the seats reclined back,
and spend more time primping than their girlfriends -
DO ALL OF HUMANITY A FAVOR AND KICKTHEIR ASS FOR US).

I can only hope what they say about steriods is true,
because his size is all that prevented me from dragging
him out of his car. He was my size, but I'm lazy, and
don't go to the gym. Sucks getting bullied years AFTER
highschool.
And we continue home,
but there's another stop first...

BEN ,
I didn't know the family,
but his parents are living my nightmare.
Parents are not supposed to outlive their children.
It's not right,
I can't even imagine where my head would be if I lost
a child. I think my life would end as I know it.
I placed three flowers,
and thought about how one day, one event,
could change everything as you know it.
SAD,
that's the only way to describe it.
Not the rage from a friend run down.
Just a sad event.
I didn't come as a cyclist,
but as a parent.

That was enough,
I dried my eyes as I thought how painful it must be,
how do you even approach the family?
Anything to help, you know?
I don't have anything,
but I'ld mow your lawn or do your errands
so it could remove some weight from your shoulders.
As a stranger, I don't know the words.
It's out of my comfort zone.
So I pedaled home.

And here we go again...
this was the intersection right up the street
from the memorial spot.
I rode through this maybe ten minutes before.
For Fire & EMS to be there,
well it probably happened a minute or two after
I passed through.



You dumbass drivers are going to kill me! Or someone I love.
(and I bet you'll call it an accident to displace the blame and
guilt AND responsibility YOU SHOULD OWN UP TO!)



YOU CAN'T EVEN PLAY NICELY WITH EACH OTHER!!!
AND YOU WANT ME TO ABIDE BY RULES MADE FOR MOTORISTS,
RULES YOU CAN'T EVEN FOLLOW?

NO THANKS!
My rule is that old seatbelt slogan,
'ARRIVE ALIVE'.
If I offended some motorists,
well fuck them & their mom!
Now they can be double offended!

Maybe, just maybe...
Cyclists should start pulling offensive drivers
from their cars & beat them with U-locks.
Bet you wouldn't get messed with eventually.
Who bothers a motorcycle gang?
Or gangsters?
For you uptight ones, I'm only kidding.
Well, kind of.

The point on that is,
if you're gonna bully someone with a car,
like a two ton steel club,
be prepared for it to backfire on you,
the cyclist may claim self-defense,
and you may get a beat down.

Or I may just post your photo and say mean things...

No comments: